Friday, July 8, 2011

FO: Giant Granny Afghan!

Bailey Dog loves the blanket :)
I can't believe I'm becoming a once-a-month-blogger.  How embarrassing...


For the record, however, I've been doing lots of blogging/blog managing with my new job as Operations and Marketing Director over on the Fifth House Ensemble website/blog.  (5HE is a chamber ensemble located in Chicago that specializes in innovative and mixed media performances.)

In the mean time, I finished my second adult sized blanket!  This Giant Granny Square afghan is my wedding gift for my second BFF whose wedding I'm in this summer.  Her wedding isn't until August, but her shower was a couple of weeks ago back in our hometown-Indy.  Since she and her fiance live in Brooklyn, and the wedding is in Cleveland, and they are asking for gifts to be mailed instead of brought to the wedding, I decided (with approval from the bride) to get the afghan finished & give it to her at her shower.  (Also, then I didn't have to be crocheting a giant afghan in the middle of the sweltering summer in my non-AC apartment...)  It actually worked out wonderfully...she mailed all of her shower gifts back to NYC and was able to use the blanket for soft packing.

Also.  She loved it.  We both teared up a little when she opened it.  It is TRULY an amazing feeling...giving something you have hand made with love & devotion to someone who is one of your closest friends in the world who really loves and appreciates your work.




Me, August Bride, May Bride

I used 3 skeins of Caron One Pound yarn...it's not super soft to begin with, but HOLY COW when it's washed, it is unreal soft!  And a J/10 hook.  I decided to treat myself to a Tulip ETIMO hook for the last 1/3 of the blanket.  It was TOTALLY worth it.  I'm in love, and I hope to purchase more of these hooks in the VERY NEAR FUTURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment