Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Yarn

Above & Below:  new yarn bought in Oberlin.  A bunch of threads + some ribbon.  Methinks a cute springy scarf is in order!
Below:  Not yarn...  At the final performances of The Weaver's Tale with Fifth-House, they presented me with a HUGE, GENEROUS gift certificate to my favorite Chicago Yarn Store (Loopy).  These aren't something I'd normally buy, but with my fancy gift certificate?  Yes sir!  A pouch for crochet hooks & a case for notions (with a magnet for my needles!).  By Namaste.

 Above & Below:  This is the yarn I used for my drop stitch knitted circle scarf, that I never really posted about, but I did post some pictures of it.  I'm basically in LOVE with it.  Super-wash Merino.  SUPER SOFT.  and BRIGHT COLORS!  These hanks were on the sale shelves at Loopy (and are usually out of my budget), so I couldn't pass them up.  Especially with a gift certificate!  I still have one wound hank left from when my mom bought me two hanks for my birthday, so I have a total of 4 (at 225 yards each, worsted weight).  Not sure yet what I'll do with them...but I'm excited nonetheless!

And lastly, Above:  I also have one small ball of this already, but these guys were also in the sale area at Loopy.  When I got the first ball, there was only one, but now that I have three, I think something awesome is in order!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great selection of items!! Those yarns look amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete