Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Current Yarning

What's been keeping me busy on my crochet hook recently?  Aside from crocheting up washcloths for my Etsy Shop, this stuff:

 A shawl for the weddings I'm in this summer.  The first one is in May, so there's a chance it will be chilly.  Using Caron Simply Soft (with which  I have a love/hate relationship).  Bridesmaid dress #1 is a champagne/beige color & dress #2 is purple.  So basically this ripple shawl will be perfect.


The other floor manager on my current show has a 11 month old son.  Sunday will be his first Easter.  She saw me making some Bunnies & Chickies for other people, and she requested one of each for Charlie's First Easter Basket.  She already had some yarn for me to use.  I had been making these with Vanna's Choice Baby, so worsted weight.  These little guys are in Bernat Softee Baby, which is significantly thinner.  So these guys are a little smaller.  But equally as adorable!


And the wedding afghan for BFF bride #1.  I took quite a long hiatus from it...look, I just needed a break.  But since the wedding is on 5/14, I've got to get my rear in gear!  I've gotta make 17 more granny squares, finish stitching them all together, and then crochet a lovely granny border. 

So clearly, if I'm working on anything but the shawl or afghan between now and their May 14th due date, slap me, k?  Once you're done reading, check out my Etsy Shop, deeter's yarnings, for some awesome washcloths!!!

2 comments:

  1. Why the love/hate relationship? I haven't used it, but I had a friend telling me just last night about how much she liked it.

    I really like all the colors you're using for each of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly love it...it's super soft and washes well. But it can also be split a lot when stabbing in...you know, so you pick up part of a strand, but not the whole thing. So you really have to pay attention. But I suppose I mostly love it :).

    Thanks! Bright colors are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete