Monday, February 28, 2011

Botched Baking

As soon as I got back to work at VG, I got bombarded with requests for cookies.  After 2 weeks of being back, I finally had time to make some today.  The VG favorite are the chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies that I make, so I went with those.  And this time, I added coconut...one of my favorite things ever.  EVER. 


After the cookies, I wanted to make some muffins.  While prepping, I realized we were out of eggs (although I feel like I just bought some...), and I couldn't find the muffin pan liners.  So I sprayed my pan with Pam & ran across the street to our little Fiesta Mini Mart to get some eggs.  They had liners too!  So I made the muffins, and I used the liners.  A couple minutes before the muffins were done, one of the 2 smoke detectors in our hallway went off.  I shut it off, and then went to take the muffins out.  As soon as I opened the oven, the carbon monoxide detector went off, and then BOTH of the smoke detectors went off in the hall.  We've taken the batteries out of the one in the kitchen.  
Turns out the bottom of all of the muffins are black.  Apparently Pam+liners=burnt muffins and lots of beeping.

At least the cookies turned out deliciously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment